Not a Single Piece of Major News This Week
And I’m low on time, so let’s just go straight to the list:
- Defying all logic, Atelier Totori Plus is the top-selling Vita game on PSN for March. If you recall, I previously mentioned that the game showed up without so much as an announcement. Just goes to show what word of mouth can do.
- EA has “won” the title of worst company of the year. No comment.
- The English relases of Project X Zone will be a limited edition by default. In addition, Tales of Xillia has a more expensive limited edition available for English audiences.
- Saban has announced a show named “Gangam Girls“. Normally I would not mention this, but there are hints that this may be a localized title for magical girl anime Smile Precure, which would be horrible news for its fans if true, for obvious reasons.
- The wrap-around jacket for volume 10 of Magical Girl Pretty Bell announced that its anime is highly anticipated! …by the editing staff. It is actually not getting one. Magical Girl Pretty Bell is about a 35-year-old male bodybuilder who must become a magical girl. Sadly, there are no scanlations available for the series.
- During a conversation on Twitter, the writer of The World God Only Knows seems to have hinted that the third season of its anime adaptation would air in July, which would make it part of the Summer 2013 anime season.
- The anime adaptation of Silver Spoon, the newest manga from the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist, is confirmed to be airing in the Summer 2013 anime season.
- The writer of the light novel series The Familiar of Zero, which recently wrapped up its fourth and final anime season, has passed away due to cancer. The Familiar of Zero‘s novels were only two books away from completion.
- A new threat letter has appeared threatening a fan event for Kuroko’s Basketball, a Shonen Jump manga that recieved massive popularity after its anime adaptation. Those following this story would know that similar threat letters caused the series to be barred for Comic Market (Comiket) 83 last year, which is a pretty big deal.
- Several channels that nobody used that came with the Nintendo Wii will be going offline on the 28th of June. These include the News Channel and the Weather Channel.
- Six more PS1 untranslated titles, officially labeled PSone Import titles, have been revealed. These are Evergreen Avenue, Favorite Dear ~Jyunpaku no Yogensha~, Zero Kara no Mahjong ~Mahjong Youchien Tamago-gumi~, Motto Trump Shiyouyo!, Zero Kara no Shogi ~Shogi Youchien Ayumi-gumi~, Zero Kara no Mahjong ~Mahjong Youchien Tamago-gumi 2~. The former 3 are already available on PSN, the latter three will come out next month.
- In a recent interview with ANN, Reki Kawahara of Accel World and Sword Art Online fame revealed that both he and his publisher want to release the light novels for both of his series for English markets.
- Speaking of Kawahara’s series, previews for the dubs of both series have been put up on YouTube. Click here for Accel World‘s, and here for Sword Art Online‘s. In my opinion, Accel World‘s sounds good, Sword Art Online‘s is average.
- One Piece‘s return date for Toonami has been revealed. It will be on May 19th at 1 AM, bumping Soul Eater to the 1:30 time slot. The airing will start with episode 207, and there will be some sort of recap material to help people get up to speed. Notably, this is the earliest possible episode to start from that wouldn’t be repeating episodes aired years ago, as the old airing stopped on episode 160, in the middle of a story arc. Sadly, however, 207 and several episodes after it contain lots of filler. They’re honestly starting with the Davy Back Fight arc? Really? At least they’ll reach Water 7 quickly.
- Ace Attorney 5 will be released in Japan in July. Leaks have stated that the specific date will be July 25th. Coincidentally, Nippon Ichi has finally announced a release date for The Witch and the Hundred Knights… and it’s the same day.
- Hackers have broken Ubisoft’s Steam wannabe service uPlay, downloading Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon prior to its release.
- Kadokawa has filed a trademark in the US for “Demongaze“, as a downloadable game. This is most likely Demon Gaze, a dungeon crawler for the Vita that was released in Japan earlier this year.