This Week’s News
- Sentai Filmworks has announced a large amount of dubs. Included in the list are NAKAIMO – My Little Sister is Among Them! and Girls und Panzer, both of which I gave stellar reviews in my Under Your Radar column. Sentai has also licensed Watamote.
- Viz has license rescued the manga for Deadman Wonderland, which became popular through its anime’s airing on Toonami. They have also announced print releases for Nisekoi: False Love (starting January) and the full colour edition of Dragon Ball (starting February). In addition, the English release of Weekly Shonen Jump has been expanded to 5 additional English-speaking territories as of now on iOS, with an Android release also coming.
- Namco Bandai has announced plans to localize Tales of Xillia 2 for 2014. In addition, One Piece: Romance Dawn‘s 3DS port has a confirmed localization for Europe.
- Aksys has announced plans to localize Compile Heart’s recent curry-themed top-down RPG Holy Sorcery Story as Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God. NIS America has announced their license of the dungeon crawler Demon Gaze. Both will be released for the PlayStation Vita.
- Kodansha USA will be speeding up their releases of Attack on Titan to once per month until they catch up to Japan.
- A European release of Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney has been confirmed to be in the works, but a Level-5 rep refused to comment further.
- The third Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie will run in Japanese theatres in October, in French theatres in November, and in Canadian and American theatres at some point in 2013.
- A large amount of visual novels have been announced for official English release. Among these are Steins;Gate (which was technically announced ages ago but has been re-announced), DanganRonpa, Kara no Shōjo 2 and more.
- The English version of Hatsune Miku is finally ready and will be released this summer.
- Uplay has been hacked. People with accounts would be wise to change their passwords.